How It Works
1. Simply send the measurements to us (see “How to Measure” below). YCC will send you a free quote.
2. Feel free to send us an existing floor plan designed by another company.
3. Send us a list of desired cabinets.
4. Include finish, door style and wood species.
5. List desired accessories such as roll-out trays, pull-out trash cans, spice racks, wine racks, etc.
6. If you decide to purchase, the following will be required:
- 1/3 deposit
- 1/3 in 30 days
- 1/3 C.O.D.
How To Measure
YCC recommends that you follow the simple steps listed below to create a sketch of your floor plan.
1. Draw a sketch of the intended room.
2. Measure every wall, beginning at the left corner, to the far right corner. Write down the total measurement in inches.
3. Go back and measure from the left corner to the edge of any opening, such as a window or door.
4. Measure across the opening from outside edge of trim to outside edge of trim.
5. Measure from that trim edge to the far wall. Go back and total the measurements from steps 3, 4 and 5. They should equal the measurement in step 2.
6. Mark on your sketch, the exact location of the sink, water & gas lines, wall switch & receptacles and any other obstructions in the room. Be sure to measure to the center of these and not the edge.
7. Measure from the floor to the bottom of your windows and write it down.
8. Next, measure from the bottom of the window to the top of the window remembering to measure from the outside edge of the trim.
9. Measure from the top of the window to the ceiling and write it down.
10. Measure from the floor to the ceiling. Total the measurements from steps 7, 8 and 9. They should equal this measurement.
11. Measure the width of any doors from the outside of trim to outside of trim.
12. Indicate on your sketch how each door swings (in to or out of the room and note which side the hinge is on).
13. Measure all other walls following steps 2 through 12. Measure all walls even if you do not intend on putting cabinets on them. This is important for us to present you with a proper design.
14. If this is a kitchen, measure all appliances such as stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and sink.
15. Re-check your work. The measurements need to be accurate for the cabinetry to fit correctly.
16. Download the PDF brochure to use as a guideline.